The Web 3.0's Pulse : Semantic Web Trends

Currently Hot: Facebook OpenGraph Protocol

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Jena Tutorials

The HP's Jena Framework has become very popular lately in the Semantic Web development world . I started to notice that many of this blog's visitors came here looking for sample code about it. This is why I thought that I could help them out by providing few links where tutorials can be found.

I have noticed that many of the visitors come here seeking some tutorial or getting-started code samples about Jena , besides the code placed in its documentation. Therefore, I decided to look around the Internet and see if I can find some people who already spent some time writing tutorials about Jena . Fortunately, I found some code, which, in my opinion, could very useful if you happen to be someone starting off writing Semantic Web applications. So, here is a small list of links where Jena tutorials can be found:
I agree though, that some of those tutorials may be a few years old, but, in fact, they might serve you well in seeing some kick-off code where the Jena documentation lacks it. For example, in one of those tutorials, I saw a  working set of Jena rules - whereas its documentation was not rich on code about it. 
In case you are wondering what Jena is (which I doubt), I wrote an article describing this Semantic Web Framework a couple of months ago. 

Dear readers, have you ever worked with Jena? What is your personal experience about this framework? Would you favor some other Semantic Web framework instead? Why or why not?

0 comments:

Post a Comment